Gandhi believed there are seven things that will destroy us. Each represents and end being accomplished through an unprincipled or unworthy means:
- Wealth without work.
- Pleasure without conscience.
- Knowledge without character.
- Commerce without morality.
- Science without humanity.
- Worship without sacrifice.
- Politics without principle (Greenleaf, Spears, & Stephen, 2002, p. 8 )
I believe these principles (and others) represent a set of universal undying principals that manage success in our work, in our family and in our own individual lives.
Greenleaf, R. K., Spears, L. C., & Stephen, R. (2002). Servant leadership: A journey into the nature of legitimate power and greatness 25th anniversary edition. Indianapolis, IN: The Robert K. Greenleaf Center.